Wednesday, July 28, 2010

5. An Objective Beginning - Sandbags WIP/H2



As I said in my last post, I'm going to be working on an objective marker this week. I didn't know where to start so I decided to go with something I didn't know how to do: Sandbags. There proved to be no tutorial on FTW so I just went with what I thought might work. It turned out well I feel. Everything is clickable.

I decided to go back to grade school for this one and got out some clay that I picked up at walmart for $.97, which is one of the best 40k investments I've made. I took the red out of the 4 colors. I'm hoping that it will give a gritty undertone to the bags when they are finished. I rolled the clay into a log, on some wax paper to prevent sticking, and flattened it slightly to the size I wanted my sandbags to be. Then I took a kitchen knife and cut through the clay in appropriate sections, as seen below.


Next I pinched the ends to create a nice tapering. Make sure to smooth all the edges so that the block looks like a bag instead of a chunk of clay.


Stack as sandbags would go and then ta-da. Not super difficult but still something that might help someone. I'll probably prime them black and paint them a tan. Keep watching for more.


I'll be in the P.I.T.S. as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment